As with every season, Players may register on ONE TEAM only!
- While players are allowed to guest on multiple teams, each roster must have a minimum amount of unique players (SF Rec & Park rule). This is to keep field allocations fair across all leagues of play (SF Microsoccer, SFYS Recreational, SF Competitive Upper House, SFYS Varsity, CalNorth CCSL, NorCal/NPL, ECNL, MLSNext). So consider carefully where your player wants to practice and play before registering for a team, as it is not always possible to transfer to another team.
- Players are considered Free Agents for Spring registration. No team or club may automatically re-roster a player. Players determine where they play.
Once you've found your team, registration is easy!
- Click here for full Spring 2023 Registration Instructions
- Click on Sections II and IV from the Table of Contents for How to Create an Account/Player Profile and Player Registration Instructions
- Spring team fees are team-based and paid by a team administrator or club registrar. There is no registration cost for players returning from the Fall 23 season. Players new to SFYS will pay a $30 fee at registration to cover insurance and administrative costs.
- Need Financial Aid? Click here. (SFYS Leagues only)
- Spring team fees are team-based, but financial aid is still given on an individual basis. Once a player's application is reviewed, the aid amount will be applied as a refund to the team fee paid by a team administrator, who will in turn deduct that amount from the player's family contribution.
- All Players #PlaySFYS : Players may play as they identify in SFYS Leagues : SAY Non-Discrimination Policy
Teams may continue to add players up to their roster maximum during the season, but there are a few important deadlines:
- December 7th: Team Registration deadline (teams must have the minimum number of players registered by this date to qualify for field allocations)
- January 15th: Last day teams and players are eligible for refunds (Click here for full Refund Policies)
- March 1st: deadline for all players and coaches to register in SQWAD and submit documentation for any outstanding requirements to guarantee eligibility for the first weekend of games
- NOTE: teams can continue adding players after this date; this deadline is only to guarantee that your registration will be processed in time for the first weekend of games
- During the season: please allow up to five business days for SFYS to process your registration
- Remember: Players missing validation of any registration requirements are not eligible to participate in SFYS games.
SF Youth Soccer does not place players or coaches on teams. Players find a team first, then register online (or via The SQWAD app). SFYS Recreational, Upper House and Varsity Players should refer to the instructions below: